Saturday, January 21, 2012

Today was a lazy day, or another one I should say.  We sat around the house and played with Noah all day.  Dad, Mandy and Isabella came by to see the baby, but other than that...the day was slow.  We are trying to get the lazy out of our system because when Monday rolls around...it's all over but the crying!  Monday is gym and diet day!  So, for supper tonight, we had Olive Garden, and tomorrow night we are going to Birmingham with friends to the Comedy club, then out to eat afterward.
The THOUGHT of getting my body back on track is exciting, however, I know that once Monday arrives, I will be dreading the new schedule.
Besides the main fact that I need to get back in shape, and eat a better diet, I have been feeling the heavy weight of discontent.  It feels like I'm missing something in my life and I'm not sure what it is yet.  It could be that once we get back on a healthy track that it will all just come together, and I hope that's the case.  However, today when I was thinking about how I was feeling and trying to figure out what it is that I'm "MISSING," I wondered if it might be church, a job, more girlfriends in the area with kids Noah's age.  I'm not sure what it is, but I know that I miss the feeling of achievement/accomplishment.  As I mentioned above, I'm just hoping and praying that things start to come together more once we begin our healthy lifestyle.  There's nothing else quite like getting your self confidence back!
I don't want this to be a 'poor me' blog, or a type of outlet that would be better saved for therapy, but this is where my journey begins. I don't feel that I can truly see my growth if I'm not honest about where I'm starting from at this point.  I hope that in the future, I can look back on this blog, from this date, and think, 'Wow, I sure came a long way!'


No comments:

Post a Comment