Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OUCH

Well, we have been consistent with the diet and the gym, and let me tell you, my arms are SCREAMING from the wake-up call!  Just walking and letting them hang down by my side hurts.  It's a good hurt though because I know that I worked for it, and that I'm doing something positive for my health and my self esteem.  I'm looking forward to the day when the gym once again becomes an addiction for me instead of the part of my day that I dread.

I am not getting overly excited yet about weighing myself, so I still don't know how much I have lost.  Brian gets on the scale almost every day and says "1 or 2 more pounds today."  I just don't want to get on the scale and see that it's going slower for me and get discouraged.  I'm going to wait and weight at the end of the week and see if any of the work has paid off.   When I'm on the treadmill, bike or elliptical, I just try to remind myself how GOOD it's going to feel to get back into a pair of my old jeans! 

It's really funny when you think about it....we smile and laugh when Noah grows out of more and more clothes, and I pray and pray that I can shrink and fit back into my old ones.  One of us is getting bigger and the other is praying to get smaller!


No comments:

Post a Comment